Thursday, June 16, 2011

Dane Days

Hello There!

The past few days I've been able to spend some good quality time with my nephew, Dane, and have determined, without a doubt, he is the cutest.  Period.  I am so glad I have this time with him.  I'm loving the chance to be abroad but there's always a little sadness knowing I'm missing big parts of the first year of his life.  So much happens!  So, I'm savoring my time with him this summer.


Goodness this summer is turning out to be crazy and wildly interesting.  This week I met with Greg Mitchell and his team at Scripps Institution of Oceanography (SIO) and learned more about what they are working on with algae and biofuels (click here to check out the lab site).... sooooo cool!  This could be really transformational, no joke.  I'm thrilled to have to opportunity to look into some things with them.  Stay tuned.

Tuesday I attended a San Diego Wind Energy Symposium put on by CleanTech San Diego- wow!  Over 200 people involved in the development of the industry and a keynote address from Michael Picker, the Senior Advisor to the Governor for Renewable Energy Facilities.

Also, I just got a summer job with Surf Diva!  I have finally realized my dreams of the ultimate summer job.  I get paid to spend time at La Jolla Shores beach teaching people how to surf.  Yea!

A summer of various and sundry.

hugs,
lisa

No comments: