Sunday, February 12, 2012

Back to B-Town, My Second Home


Aside from fighting some gnarly jet lag, it's great to be back in Bergen.  My body won't let me fall asleep so I just ran 7 miles, took a hot shower and am working on a generous glass of wine.  Come on home remedy!  Until then, I'm all yours.

I arrived in Bergen on Thursday afternoon and it looked much like this picture which I took from my flat in December just before heading home for the holidays.  Yup, from 70 degree sunshine in San Diego to this.  I wouldn't have it any other way.



Thursday evening some NHH masters friends were having a gathering a few blocks away.  Many of these friends were abroad last semester so it's great to have them back and many living close to me in 'sentrum'.  One of these is dear friend Bea who I got to visit in Paris last December.  Ahhhh Paris!

Fondue with Bea!

Notre Dame.. went to mass on Sunday for advent


Cite Universitaire- where Bea lived for the semester,,, rough life

Le Tower Eiffel

Back to Thursday night- I left the pre-party since it had been a long day of travel.  I'm so darn responsible :P  I swung by Cafe Opera to say hi to all the 'jam session' friends which was fun.  Then, upon arriving home, my fabulous flatmates, Bjornar and Kenneth, from last semester (I'm in a new flat this semester- sublet each semester) had texted they had a beer waiting for me.  Ugh!  How can a gal say no?!  So, like any responsible person, I promptly walked my way back out to meet up.  I love that I can walk everywhere in Sentrum- it's awesome!  So, Thursday night was a wonderful night of reconnecting.

A big thanks to all my wonderful friends in SoCal who made the winter break at home truly wonderful.  And, thank you mother nature for providing some insane weather.

Up next- a very full week at school.  And, I think I'm headed off to a cabin next week for some friend time and cross-country skiing.. so excited!! 

hugs from the great north!
lisa liv

No comments: