Sunday, April 01, 2012

another good, full and satisfying week


Ahhh Sunday.  Sunday tends to be my catch-up day in the sense it's when I skype home to Mom and Dad and maybe with friend... do some chores... ya know, kind of a normal Sunday.  And, I realize it's becoming my blogging day :)  I truly intend to blog during the week as well but I've been having rather full weeks.  And, for that I am thankful!  Life away from San Diego continues to be full of a good mix of life's offerings.

Tuesday some friends and I went to the two-for-one movie night at the kino (movies) because that's the only night students can possibly afford to go :)  We saw 'The Hunger Games' for 55 NOK a piece and a current conversion rates that's about $10.  Imagine what full fair is.. yikes!

Wednesday was 'Lamb-pot' dinner with my flatmates from last semester, and Thursday night I ventured out to play Cafe Opera's jam session.  Below is Cafe Opera.  It's almost starting to feel like Lestat's or Java Joe's to me (for all you San Diego friends).  A little music time is good for the soul.  It's part of me.  Sometimes I can't get songs out of my head however hard I try.  And, that's no good... thesis is priority for the next two months!  So, I figured the best way to get the music out of my head was to play it, right?  The best part about Cafe Opera is that the opening jam band always sits in.  So, I almost always have a backing band.  Fun!  

Cafe Opera. Bergen, Norway

Fortunately, the weekends have been providing nice weather so we've been able to enjoy some of Bergen's beauty.  Last weekend was a BBQ in the park at sunset with some friends after lacrosse practice and a run in the mountains. 

photo credit: Stephan Duffner 

This week is Easter break and Norwegians all head to the mountains.  I might get there for a day too but mostly I'm in Bergen continuing to work away.

Today has been a true fool from the month of April.  It's currently snowing but we also had rain and sunshine today.  Ohhhh Bergen.

klem,
lisa liv 

No comments: