Friday, July 15, 2011

One of my Inspirations

Happy Birthday to my Grammie!  Today, she's 97 years young.



Isn't she the cutest?!  I have great memories from when I was little of snuggling in bed as she would tell me stories about horses on the farm.

She's as strong as they come.  A child of the great depression, she worked as a 'Rosie the Riveter', built a house from the ground up with her husband, saved scrupulously and worked hard in partnership with my Papa to provide a better life for their family.

In her later years, we've discovered her secret indulgence of jewelry and scarves.  Loving accessories as I do (perhaps genetic?), I've been the fortunate beneficiary of said baubles.  I love wearing her jewelry!

Gratulerer med dagen and birthday love to my Grammie!
lisa liv

No comments: