Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I'm still here....


but I was here.... and that's why I haven't posted in a little while :)


I had an opportunity, got a bit of a wild hare and found myself on my way to Italy last weekend.  I've never been before and a fun long weekend trip presented itself as a little relaxation and sunshine before I lock myself away for 6 weeks and study study study.  Above is Manarola, one of the 5 Cinque Terre towns.  I met up with my friend Jamie and we hiked, surfed, boated, swam, ate, drank wine, drank cappuccinos and relaxed for three days in the Cinque Terre.  Then I headed back to Milan where I met up with 3 friends from NHH and toured around the city with them for the afternoon and evening.  Gelato was plentiful and I returned to Bergen feeling very refreshed.

I flew Norwegian Airlines to Italy and was pleasantly surprised to find the below on the last page of their inflight magazine.  



Plane travel does get a bad rap for CO2 emissions.  Norwegian seems to be making efforts to reduce their carbon footprint- whop whop!  Tres cool for an Environmental Econ nerd like me.

Lastly, the days are growing shorter quickly.  Here's Bergen by night on my camera phone so not the best quality.  But, you get the idea :)


All is well and I continue to feel blessed.  I feel I have a good mix of school and friends/fun activities going on.  I've found a great 'jam session' to play on Thursday nights at Cafe Opera.  I suppose you could say I'm building up a little fan base and reputation for myself.  It feels good to have a creative outlet.  The last few days have been abnormally nice, especially considering it's almost November.

Bed time!  The bar/club below my flat decided to have an impromptu DJ last night (tuesday night) into the weeee hours of the morning.  I imagine they wanted to capitalize on the nice weather.  Everyone wants to be outside.  Don't they know they have some serious students living above them?!  

I digress.

Goodnight and vi snakkes snart,
lisa liv 

No comments: