Monday, October 31, 2011

seeking new horizons

Taken by my friend James in the Cinque Terre last week

I feel like that's what I've been doing for a few years now.  All growth experiences; enriching, enlightening, opportunities to explore and meet new people.   It's a positive thing but sometimes it's exhausting.  I'm not complaining, merely commenting. 

...feeling stagnant in my career... loosing some drive and direction....traveling to Africa...rediscovering my love of music and creativity.... falling out of exercising.... searching for the next career move... writing a song from beginning to end...spending time with guys that didn't treat me right....allowing insecurities to get the best of me.... meeting wonderful new people through the years... walking 500 miles in Spain with my Dad... taking classes to explore... spending time with guys that did treat me right... finding exercise again... finding surfing again!....moving half way around the world...ultimately busting my patootie to make something happen when I wasn't happy with where my life was.  

All the while I've been surrounded and supported by wonderful people and I'm forever grateful for that.  

Also, I finally feel like I'm narrowing in on what I'm meant to be doing.  I'm not quite as frantically scanning the horizon because I feel like I'm 'tracking' now.  There are still plenty of uncertainties, but that's fine by me.  Something tells me I can handle it.  And, I encourage you to keep working hard and keeping the faith if you've found yourself with a bit of a list like mine above.

Ahhh I didn't mean for this to get so philosophical.  C'est la vie.

cheers to new horizons,
lisa liv 


No comments: