Monday, January 31, 2011

Hello from Holland!  Some good friends from the music community in San Diego are here in the Netherlands touring for 3 weeks and I had to take the opportunity to visit.  A place to stay, a country I've never visited, some music and good friends- sounds great to me!  And it's been fantastic.  The Dutch people are warm and welcoming.  And, it's fun to connect with old friends outside of our normal environment.  Gregory, Josh and Sky had shows Friday and Saturday evenings and Sunday afternoon.  Each has been special in it's own respect but yesterday was particularly so being in the chapel of a monastery.  I didn't know quite what to expect for the weekend and I've had a total treat seeing little towns,  flat landscapes, abundant waterways, bleak vistas, narrow roads, old music halls and tulips.  I love tulips.


Today was a day off and we've been hanging around Schrool (sp?) and we took a bike ride into 'town'  Gregory and I biked while Josh jogged.  Here's some photos of our afternoon adventure.  Tonight the kind couple who own the house and live next door, Anna and Paris, are making us dinner.  Yum!



downtown Schrool

a little video from my phone camera......



Check out Gregory Page's music at www.gregorypage.com

Tomorrow we will spend some time in Amsterdam and then I fly back to Bergen, Norway tomorrow evening.

Hugs from Holland,
lisa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It looks like you are having the time of your life, Lisa! I'm so happy for you.