Wednesday, September 14, 2011

back in the Bergen groove


There's a saying along the lines of 'there's no bad weather in Bergen, just poor clothing.'  I didn't really get it last year because the city had a particularly nice fall.  Now I get it.  Hello rain!  It's rained almost daily since I returned.  But, I should say it's usually just a little drizzle, never a serious downpour.  Oh, it's good for these SoCal bones right?!  Riiiiiiight.  A little adjusting but, as usual, I'm good to go.

Sorry for my delay, I never intend to go this long.  But, school is picking up and I'm now in the groove of daily life so it takes a little more to make interesting posts.  But, there's always something to share.

Last weekend marked the first PAC-12 football game ever.  Weird.  I don't think I can ever really feel comfortable with the number 12 behind PAC.  It's 10, people.  Dare I point out PAC stands for pacific and I think we are using that term rather liberally with the new additions to the conference.  But, what do I know.  I'm an economist in the making. (I'd also like to point out USC won the first PAC-12 conference game!  Fight On!)

Last weekend also marked the first NHH American Football game ever.  NHH, my school here in Norway, decided to start up an 'American football' team in the spring.  The movement was lead by Norwegians and the team is almost all Norwegians.  My friend Michael from America, also here in one of the international masters programs, played QB in high school and at a small college so he's stepped in at QB. Sticking to my cheerleading roots, I had to go support my team (but I will leave the cheerleading glory days to my high school years).  Check them out, they are in the blue and white-


Just got back from a swim at the student center with my friend Martha.  Time for bed, Thursdays are my longest day with 6 hours of class back to back.

sove godt og søte drømmer
(sleep well and sweet dreams)

lisa liv 

No comments: