Sunday, September 04, 2011

on tur


Vi går  tur means 'we go for a hike' but I like how in english it sounds like 'go on tour.'  How very appropriate- we go on a tour of the mountains.  

My new flat is at the foot of Floyen, one of the 7 mountains around Bergen.  Floyen has lots of roads/trails up and around on top.  There's also a funicular, the Floybanen, for people less interested in a good uphill walk and more interested in the great view from the top.

Floyen has become my training ground. Here's some pictures from my run last Thursday (click on the photos to enlarge them)-

a good breather and stretch break at the top
I live by the little pier all the way in the harbor
on the way back down the mountain
This weekend has been rainy so no running or walking up Floyen.  I did find my way to the pool at the student center and have decided swimming is one of my new favorite things.  Reason 267 why it's so much better living in city center!

Wishing you a wonderful Sunday.
Wet hugs from rainy Bergen,
lisa liv

No comments: