Wednesday, August 31, 2011

chocolate!


Norwegians love chocolate.  The company 'Freia' has a good lock on the market here and have some yummy varietals.  Kvikk Lunsj (sounds like /quick lunch/) is the official hiking chocolate.  Anyone who's anyone has Kvikk Lunsj on the trail.  It's just like a Kit-Kat bar-


My dear friend, Erin, gave me some Chuao Chocolates as a going away present, and I decided to bring them to Norway to share with my new flatmates.  Chuao is a super crafty artisan chocolatier local to San Diego.  They've come up with some unique mixes such as 'dark chocolate with caramelized honey' ' dark chocolate with chipotle, salt and popping candy' (yes, this on is like pop-rocks in your mouth) and 'dark chocolate with pasilla chile, cayenne pepper and cinnamon'.  

This is what my flatmate, Bjørnar, thinks....




I quite agree.  Check out Chuao here.  Tonight it's coffee, chocolate and some Corporate Finance all set to the soundtrack of Ray LaMontagne and Andrew Bird, two artists my flatmates are unfamiliar with.

Next week is the 75th Anniversary of my school, NHH, and the King will be at school.  Wahoo!

klemmer,
lisa liv

No comments: