Monday, September 19, 2011

chasing the sun


Finally, some rays of sun last Friday and Saturday!  I must say, Bergen is really beautiful... when it's not raining :)  Eh, even when it is raining it's a beautiful little place, just a bit trickier to enjoy (like my very wet ill prepared feet today... I thought I could get away with flats. Negative).  The result of all the rain is a very serious enjoyment of sunshine when it comes.  It seemed as if everyone in Bergen was out in full force on Friday afternoon.  I loved the sense of joy and community in the air.  As I walked past restaurants people were at outside tables enjoying each other, sunglasses and a beer.  

I arrived home from school on friday afternoon to my flatmates orchestrating a little BBQ for the park.  We grabbed a one-time-use grill, some burger makings, beer, blankets, veggies and my guitar and headed over to the park.  What a great evening!

Bjørnar, Ida and Knut Anders readying the feast

2 of my 3 fantastic flatmates-Knut Anders and Bjørnar 

Then, to enjoy a little more fresh air and the local mountains around Bergen, some good friends from school and I did a nice local day hike, 'vidden,' from Floyen to Ulriken on Saturday.


Martha, Anette and Eli
Vidden success!  A celebratory beer atop Ulriken looking down at Bergen

Alas, the rain returns.  And so we study until the sun shows up again so we can then scamper outside for some more fun, sunglasses and afternoon beer.

klemmer,
lisa liv 

No comments: