Friday, August 27, 2010

TGIF!  I wrapped up classes at 12 noon today and headed to the bookstore to get some class books for the weekend.  At that time it was raining.  When I left school the clouds had parted and it turned out to be a lovely afternoon.  Every clear looking day I now take the opportunity to do something outside  You never know when you are going to get clear skies again!



We have great paths and roads for running from the dorm and my favorite new challenge is 'Stoltzekleiven' or 800 stairs leading up one of the 'Seven Mountains surrounding Bergen'.  There's always a friendly community of people hiking the stairs... people running up, people walking alone or together, people with with kids, people with their dogs, running clubs, etc.  It's a good walk/hike with friends which I've done a few times but today music was my company, a nice respite for the end of the week.

This set of stairs is actually a race every year and the record times are something like 8 minutes for men and 10 minutes for women.  Wow!  I have some training to do :)  It's a 313 meter climb or 1,000 foot rise.  These pictures are from the internet since I have not taken a camera with me yet- soon!  But, at least they give you an idea.  It's so peaceful and refreshing.  I love trail running!  There's nothing like some good fresh air in the lungs.












No comments: